Thursday 18 September 2014

SURELY THERES TIME | 5 MINUTE COWL NECK TOP | DIY






This is a DIY top I made and I love it! It only takes less than 10 minutes to make and there is no sewing involved!

This top was inspired by late 90s/early 00s fashion. Cowl draping and thin spaghetti strings were common back then (and still are now tbh), so I've been really wanting to make my own. I like to call this look GLAM-FUTURISM, haha. We all know how obsessed I am with futuristic aesthetics, so everything to me is futuristic, lol. But futurism is a very broad term; its like saying past or present... Theres no specific look or aesthetic; everybody has their own vision for it. 

My favorite vision of the future is of course CYBERPUNK, but I have many visions, and this is one of them!






HOW TO MAKE A DIY COWL NECK TOP

What you need:
-Jersey fabric of your choice.
-Strings (can be bought at any fabric store)
-Fabric scissors


1. Cut an oversized square/rectangle of jersey material. Make sure its oversized. Double check by placing against your body to make sure. It has to be oversized so it drapes off your body.

2. Cut a hole on both top corners of the square and thread a long string in each one.


 3. If you have a mannequin, tie the two strings on its neck. If not, then just tie it on yourself. The result should drape like this:

4. Then on either sides of the bottom of the square, cut two holes. Thread one long string through both holes and then tie at the back.


 This should be your completed look! Easy peasy! And takes less than 10 minutes :).




No comments:

Post a Comment